Purpose: The Valley Park Church Academic Scholarship is awarded to a student between the ages of 17-24 years old who is currently enrolled or intending to enroll in an accredited public or private institution of post-high school education and/or vocational training.*Includes all accredited junior colleges, 4 year universities, and for-profit schools (U.E.I., Everest, etc)
Deadline: Completed applications with all necessary supporting documents must be turned in before, April 1st, 2017 for applicants to be considered. If applicant has requested supporting documents that have not arrived, then a paper may be submitted stating which document(s) are not included and the date(s) they were requested.
Award(s): Range from $500.00 – $2,500.00
- Applicant is attending Valley Park Church and is actively involved.
- Applicant has faithfully served in Christian ministry.
- Family/individual demonstrates financial need.
- Applicant has earned at minimum a cumulative G.P.A. score of 2.5
(Under special circumstances exceptions to the above criteria will be considered)
Notes: Applicants who meet all eligible requirements will be evaluated based on Christian service, financial need, scholastic performance, and a personal essay.
How do I apply?
Please complete the following items below and return them to committee members Jai Belcher or Vivian Rude by April 1st, 2017.
Application packet must include the following items:
- Completed and signed application form
- One recommendation form (must be completed by a V.P.C. member)
- Completed scholarship application essay
- Sealed official school transcripts
Download the application by clicking the link below.